Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ran over at age 3

Now, I remember this like yesterday. Its ridiculous.

My mom took me from my grandma's house, just for the weekend (she lived with some dude) . I head to my friend Jose's house early in the morning. He lived across the street. I would wave to him from the kitchen window. Well, we watched cartoons for a bit. I was getting hungry, so I left his house. There was a truck coming maybe 50 feet ahead, but there was a stop sign, so I had no worries. I started walking across the street, the truck runs the stop sign and runs me over......like, under the tires.......not hit.......ran over!

Thank you Google Map. Drawing by me
This is the actual street.

I was in the street crying. within 2 minutes (from where my moms guy lived, the fire department was on the same block). I get picked up by a firefighter, and I'm taken to the hospital (in the city of Castroville, its small) and they say nothing is broken. I just have tire marks all over my body.

The police report says he was going 50 mph in a residential , and ran the stop sign. Also, he driver was drinking until the early morning, then was driving home. My dad told me that was the turning point in his life. when the doctor turned to him and said "Your child should be dead. He shouldn't have survived at all. We would have given him less than 5% chance of surviving. Someone is watching after him."

That last line turned my dad's life around. He then went to church every weekend.Stopped selling drugs, and he is now a pastor. After I got out of the hospital, I went to the fire stationed and thanked them. They made me a Junior Firefighter (they just made it up). Whenever I'd visit my mom at the guys house, I'd go to the fire station and they would help with my homework, eat Nilla Wafers and milk with the boys. From then on I never wanted to be anything else in life.

Life Lesson:
Fuck the fire academy. Get ran over, and you'll move up in rank at the fire station.

2 comments:

☆JOHN☆CAR-E-YO☆ said...

Whoa Dude... That was a shitty driver. Can't hate on the truck though =)... Cause...
"I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'M GONNA DRIVE A BIG TRUCK!!!, I'm gonna rule this world, Gonna kick some ass, Gonna rise up, Kick a little ass, ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!"--Charlie Kelly's America Song on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" =)

California Chris said...

hahaha, thats why I'm not all that mad. Cause I live in America, and I think he just wanted to go with the patriot.